TST is an appropriate treatment model for organizations that provide mental health services for children and adolescents who have histories of exposure to traumatic events and are currently experiencing problems in regulating their emotions and behaviors. For sites interested in learning more about or implementing TST, we offer a variety of trainings and technical assistance.
Specifically, the following services are provided:
- consultation to help agencies determine whether TST can provide value for their staff as well as the children and families who they serve
- consultation after agencies decide to adopt TST to help them develop an organizational plan for establishing solid infrastructures to support their TST programs
- on-site, intensive 3-day training for clinical, direct care, and administrative staff to learn how to implement TST with fidelity
- weekly consultation with clinical staff to guide and support their provision of TST
- monthly consultation with agency leaders to ‘troubleshoot’ administrative barriers toward effectively implementing and sustaining a successful TST program
- on-site, intensive 1-day ‘booster’ training
- TST accreditation
The TST development team provides training, consultation and technical assistance to agencies and systems across the country that want to implement TST. By assisting in integrating TST into programs, practices and processes, the team ensures that the agencies/systems will be able to fully meet the needs of youth who have been exposed to traumatic events. As TST is both a clinical and an organizational model, program staff are taught clinical assessment and treatment through the TST lens, as well as how to implement organizational systems change to become a trauma informed program.
Once an agency contracts for TST consultation through the TST Development Group at the NYU Child Study Center, consultation with agency leadership begins to develop an Organizational Plan that outlines specifically how TST can help to meet the needs of the organizational mission and goals, and how it can help to address barriers to achieving the agency’s goals. This is accomplished through weekly phone consultation with agency leadership. Once the organizational planning process is well underway, a representative of the TST Development Group will come to the agency to provide a three day on site training. After the training, weekly consultation calls are provided to the teams implementing TST, as well as monthly calls with administration. During the contract year, the TST Development team will be helping the organization meet criteria to become a TST accredited organization.
Contact us  to discuss how you can begin to implement TST at your organization