- Saxe, G. N., Ellis, B. H., Fogler, J., Hansen, S., & Sorkin, B. (2005). Comprehensive care for traumatized children. Psychiatric Annals, 35(5), 443-448.
- Saxe, G. N., Ellis, B. H., & Kaplow, J. B. (2007). Collaborative treatment of traumatized children and teens: The trauma systems therapy approach. New York, NY US: Guilford Press.
- Hansen, S., & Saxe, G. (2009). Trauma systems therapy: A replication of the model, integrating cognitive behavioral play therapy into child and family treatment. Blending play therapy with cognitive behavioral therapy: Evidence-based and other effective treatments and techniques (pp. 139-164). Hoboken, NJ US: John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Ellis, B. H., Fogler, J., Hansen, S., Forbes, P., Navalta, C. P., & Saxe, G. (2011). Trauma Systems Therapy: 15-Month Outcomes and the Importance of Effecting Environmental Change. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, Advance online publication, doi: 10.1037/a0025192
- Saxe, G., Ellis, B.H., Fogler, J., Navalta, C.P. (2011). Innovations in Practice: Preliminary evidence for effective family engagement in treatment for child traumatic stress- trauma systems therapy approach to preventing dropout. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Advance online publication, doi: 10.1111/j.1475-3588.2011.00626.x